|Opportunity Offered: Paid Work|
Surgical/Medical Inpatient Unit
A casual vacancy has arisen for a registered nurse to work in the Surgical/Medical Inpatient Unit at Thames Hospital. This position would suit an experienced nurse who can think on their feet and can readily fit into the team at short notice.
The Inpatient Unit has 33 beds and manages patients with multiple health conditions in a secondary care setting, both medical and surgical. There is a multidisciplinary approach to care and a proactive approach to discharge planning.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to:
- Use critical thinking as the base for making sound nursing judgements to comprehensively assess the complex health needs of our patients to develop and implement a plan of health care which is evidenced based.
- Integrate nursing knowledge, seek new learning opportunities, and use a problem-solving approach.
- Work as a team player with all professional groups at work and be flexible enough to have the ability to work extra at reasonably short notice.
- Have a positive attitude to hard work and a quality improvement focus that looks for opportunities to improve systems and processes.
- Minimum of 2 years recent experience (preferred).
You will be required to be available to work all rostered shifts. There is the opportunity to work in the Day Surgery Unit and post-operative care unit for the right candidate.
Closing date: 27 May 2018
For more information and to apply, please visit https://www.waikatodhb.health.nz/jobs/vacancies/
- Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
- Give and earn respect - Whakamana
- Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
- Fair play – Mauri Pai
- Growing the good – Whakapakari
- Stronger together – Kotahitanga
Contact: Karen MacKenzie, 07 839 8949